Experience a Truly Unique Phoenix Resort
The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Phoenix Resort & Spa was designed to be an authentic representation of the Gila River Indian heritage and culture, the Chandler resort will offer its guests a recreational, educational and inspirational experience never before available in a resort setting. The architecture, design, art and legends of the Akimel O'otham and Pee Posh tribes are celebrated in every detail imaginable, indoors and out. The resort is located in the high Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains and roaming wild horses remain untouched. A unique blend of two cultures, the resort offers the quiet serenity created by the ancient sages and native tribes who found haven here along with the high-tech hotel expertise of the Sheraton brand.
The AAA Four Diamond resort includes:
- Aji Chandler Spa, a 17,500 square foot spa with 17 treatment rooms
- Whirlwind Chandler Golf Club, with two 18-hole, Troon-managed golf courses
- Koli Equestrian Center for riding lessons, trail rides and outdoor events
- Four pools with cascading waterfalls and a 111-foot waterslide modeling the ancient Casa Grande Ruins
- Tennis courts and jogging trails
- Extensive indoor and outdoor Chandler meeting space including a 17,376 square foot ballroom
The Pima Indians trace their roots to the HuHugam (Hohokam) who farmed the Gila River Valley from 300 B.C. to 1450 A.D. The HuHugam developed an extensive irrigation system of canals, still used today, which gave birth to farming in the desert. The Pima and Maricopa tribes were hospitable and friendly, welcoming settlers and transforming a hostile territory into a temporary sanctuary...just as they continue to do now with the Wild Horse Pass Resort.
Located just off the I-10 freeway on the 372,000-acre Gila River Indian Reservation, the resort is within minutes of the center of Phoenix and the East Valley and their many shopping, entertainment and recreational offerings. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is only 15 minutes (11 miles) from the resort.
Experience a truly unique Phoenix Resort with a multitude of on-site activities in a spectacular setting.